Tree: 1. Essex Ennevers
Notes: A chapel is known to have existed in Heyshott before 1144.
The church of Heyshott was presumably founded as a chapel to that of St. James at Stedham, it was so styled in 1291 and it continued attached to Stedham until 1882, when it was constituted an independent rectory in the gift of the bishop of Chichester.
Over the south door is the Royal Arms as borne 1714-1800.
Of the three bells
the oldest may be ascribed to William Founder (c. 1400)
another to Anthony Wakefield (d.1605)
and the third is by William Eldridge, 1671.
The registers begin in 1690.
source: 'Heyshott', A History of the County of Sussex: Volume 4: 1953
Latitude: 50.9540037, Longitude: -0.7327541
Matches 1 to 4 of 4
|| Last name, First name(s)
|| Person ID
|| LEWENDON, Elizabeth || ||St James Church, Heyshott, West Sussex ||I30843 |
|| LOVEJOY, Mary Elizabeth Dorothy || ||St James Church, Heyshott, West Sussex ||I13244 |
|| LOVEJOY, Walter Richard || ||St James Church, Heyshott, West Sussex ||I30842 |
|| SPEARMAN, Allan Francis Lovejoy || ||St James Church, Heyshott, West Sussex ||I7569 |